Took primolut-n tablets continuously for few month. Now trying for a baby. Any complication?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
i took primolut-n tablets continuouly for 4 months to post pone my period , are there any side effects by taking continuously for four months , i want to become pregnant now ,can i or wait for some more time
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2013 in Getting Pregnant

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 52 minutes later
Usually while being on pill, during the pill free period you will get withdrawal bleeding.
By taking the pills continuously that withdrawal bleeding can be prevented.
The pills will generally suppress the natural hormones.
There may not be any additional harm to fertility by taking the pills continuously.
But after stopping the pills it will take some time for restarting of ovulation and for regularization of the cycle.
This period varies from person to person.
So you better wait for one month.
Once your periods start coming regularly, you track your ovulation and plan unprotected intercourse during that period.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Took primolut-n tablets continuously for few month. Now trying for a baby. Any complication? 2 hours later
after getting my period there is no bleeding from second or third day is this due to tablet

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 hours later
Yes, usually scanty flow is noted during withdrawal bleeding compared with regular menstrual flow.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.