Took primolut N. Got periods, started gaining weight, feeling hungry and giddiness. Is this normal?

Question
I have taken primolut N to delay my periods for few days. I got my periods on 14thDec, 2012 but It's different this time. I feeling hungry all the time and feeling giddy. I feel I have put on little weight too. I am going through Infertility stress (husband side) and last 2 weeks has been a very stressful time due to this. Please suggest if this giddiness and feverish feeling is normal while having periods or anything to care for ?
Posted Sat, 5 Jan 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Due to primolut-N there can be water retention, breast tenderness, abdominal pain, nausea & vomiting.
Your main symptom is of feeling hungry & giddiness that can be due to hypoglycemia.
So get your blood pressure & blood sugar level checked.
Do not be worried from your husband side there are so many advanced technology to treat infertility like ICSI, IUI.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.

Follow-up: Took primolut N. Got periods, started gaining weight, feeling hungry and giddiness. Is this normal? 35 minutes later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

Thanks for your quick reply.
Blood pressure & blood sugar could be another temporary side effect of this primolut N ?
or
are you suggesting these checks to me in general ?
I got my BP checked on saturday and it was 130/80. Does it mean that I have high Blood Pressure attacked me ? I am scared...

Thanks & Regards
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 32 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back.
Blood pressure & blood sugar are not under side effects of primolut-N.
Your symptoms are suggesting that you can have hypoglycemia.
So get your blood sugar checked.
BP of 130/80 is normal so do not worry about it.
I hope your query has been answered.