Took primolout to postpone cycle. Had unprotected sex. Can I get pregnant?

i took primolout tablet one daily to stop periods temporarily for 4 days.on 4th day i had unprotected sex after taking primolout tablet..can i get pregnant??please help
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 49 minutes later

Primolut is a progestogen used in treating menstrual disorders and to pre-pone or postpone cycles. It is not a contraceptive in the dosage usually taken. Conception can occur if unprotected intercourse occurs during the ovulation period, i.e., around the mid-cycle in a 28-30 day cycle.

If you used the tablet just prior to the estimated date of menstruation, you were in the safe period when intercourse occurred and you need not worry about conception. You can wait for the period to set in and if you do not get it, which is very unlikely, go for a pregnancy test, either a urine or a blood test.

Hope I have answered your query. If you need further clarifications, please feel free to ask. I will be happy to help.