Took pregnidoxin tablets in pregnancy. Will this cause any harmful effect to baby?

Mar 2016

Hello XXXXXXX....
I have taken some 20 Pregnidoxin tablets in a course of weeks time....I am in my 6th month of pregnancy...I would like to know will this cause any side effects to my baby?
Posted Tue, 12 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 50 minutes later

Pregnidoxin tab is very much safe in pregnancy and does not causes any harmful effect to baby. It contains meclozine hydrochloride and is used to treat nausea & vomiting, morning sickness, hyperemesis gravidarum in early weeks of pregnancy. It is generally used twice a day and at times of severe hyperemesis thrice a day is acceptable dose.

Therefore I do not think 20 tablets in a course of a week would cause you and the pregnancy any harm.

Four month onwards, you may not need to take the same and if necessary then you can use this medication in low dose.

Do some basic things for healthy pregnancy:
1) Complete Bed Rest preferably in first trimester.
2) Continue Folic acid supplements and Protein XXXXXXX diet.
3) Avoid long journey/ heavy work/ high heel shoe.
4) Avoid stress/ emotional upset & maintain personal hygiene.
5) Drink plenty of water & eat fresh vegetables/ fruits.
6) Do an ultrasound scan for assessing growth & development.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Wish your good health and successful motherhood.