Took prednisone. Itchy and burning rash appeared on colon. Tested negative for fungus. Cause?

Hello, I have a very bad rash on colon resection and mastectory scars. I have just finished chemo last month and Prednisone a week ago, My dermo put me on Clobetasol with Hydrocortisone, but it's not working. The scar has been tested for fungus but came back negative. It is burning, itching and wakes me up at night. It spreading along the pubic bone under the navel. By the matectomy scars, it is spreading under arm on left side. Could it be from the Prednisone withdrawal or chemo drugs? Thank you.
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Tanusree Biswas 15 minutes later

There is a possibility that the rash has appeared now after prednisone withdrawal. Steroid withdrawal frequently precipitates some allergic reaction which might not have been visible earlier under the effect of the steroid.

Did your dermatologist also prescribe anti-histaminic along with? If yes, did you not get any relief on taking them?

I would be able to guide you a more if you can describe the exact nature of the rash, preferably upload any picture here. You can send them to

Waiting for your response,