Took postinor. Got positive HPT. Any effect on baby?

Hi I took postinor the single dose one on December 6th and yesterday I tested postive to a home pregnancy test. My boyfriend thinks the postinor can harm the baby and cause abnormalities and as such wants an abortion. Is it true that postinor can negatively affect a fetus?
Posted Fri, 18 Jan 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 39 minutes later
Postinor is not known to cause damage to the developing baby. But since you are already pregnancy its important to rule out ectopic pregnancy.Also if you want to continue this pregnancy,regular check ups wit your doctor is important.
But no studies have proven that this drug can cause negative effect on the fetus.