Took plan b and got heavy red bleeding similar to a period. Does that mean I am not pregnant?

I took plan b two weeks ago and got heavy red bleeding a week later similar to a period. Does that mean I am not pregnant%3F
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The bleeding that you got was most likely a withdrawal bleeding which is a common side effect of taking such high dose hormonal pills.
This bleeding does not exclude the possibility of pregnancy. Your next period is likely to be delayed by a few days. You will have to wait till your next periods to confirm.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.