Took plan b after unprotected sex. Missing period. How to continue birth control schedule?

I've been on XXXXXXX for one month and had unprotected intercourse on the first day of my placebo week. He pulled out yet I still took Plan B the next day. I've continued my placebo week and still have not bled. Do I continue on XXXXXXX Even if I haven't gotten my period ? I know plan b can postpone it yet I've also heard XXXXXXX isn't effective till 2nd or 3rd month of use. Confused on how to continue my bc schedule.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later

If you have not missed XXXXXXX for even a single day then you need not worry. The delay in your periods could be related to the plan B you took or due to post pill amenorrhea.

You can continue taking XXXXXXX after the placebo week finishes even if there is no bleeding. Please do not worry. You will get a bleeding after the next pack.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Took plan b after unprotected sex. Missing period. How to continue birth control schedule? 33 minutes later
Thank you did help. So even though it was my first month on XXXXXXX it was still an effective birt control ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 hours later
Thanks for writing again. XXXXXXX is almost 95% effective even in the first month of use. Also, you took plan B for double protection. So, you need not worry.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.