Took plan b after protected sex. Have sore nipple and cloudy urine. Symptoms of pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Hello Doctor, my gf and I had protected sex on March 3nd but suspected that the condom may have broke so we carefully stopped and I did not not finish inside her. We went to a pharmacy to to purchase plan b which she took. On march 9 we had sex again with protection but then without in both both scenarios I did not finish inside her. March 12 she mentioned she has swore left nipple, continues to march 13 being slightly stronger, then march 14 very late at night mentions both nipples swore with the left more so than the right. She also noticed cloudy urine tonight. Her supposed menstruation occurs on the 23 of every month but since she she took plan b it should have shifted. So is this a sign of pregnancy, possible menstruation incoming or uti (pee not frequent and no other pains other than swore breasts)?
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 15 minutes later
Hello
Thank you for your query.

UTI is not a sign of pregnancy.
It could be because of sexual activity as the urethra is short in females and hence prone to infection.
Ask her to have a urinalysis and appropriate treatment.
Make sure she has plenty of fluids ATLEAST 4 litres per day.
Sore breasts could be a sign of pregnancy, but it is not confirmatory, because it can occur pre menstrually or due to intake of plan B, which contains hormones.
You had protected intercourse and took plan B also, so I think chances of pregnancy are very very remote, as you did not ejaculate inside.
However since once the condom ruptured, and because pre ejaculatory fluid also can cause pregnancy, you would have to wait and watch for now.

Plan B can alter her period, either prep one it or post pone it by a week or so.

The best policy for you is to wait till 25 th or 26 th of March, and then go for a urine pregnancy test.

Till then make sure you have protected sex.

Take care, feel free to ask further questions.

Follow-up: Took plan b after protected sex. Have sore nipple and cloudy urine. Symptoms of pregnancy? 15 minutes later
Thank you for your prompt answer. While I am aware that UTI is not a sign of pregnancy, could cloudy urine be a sign at this stage? (Keep in mind that her breasts are swore but that is all for now)

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 40 minutes later
Thanks for the appreciation.
Cloudy urine also is not in any way a sign of early pregnancy.
There is practically no sign you can rely on, except a positive test !