Took plan B and noticed brown stuff coming out while wiping. Should I be concerned?

When I wipe I see brown stuff coming out I don't have any pain my period is supposed to come in a week and I took the plan b pill about a week ago. Should I be concerned I can't afford to pay
Posted Sun, 18 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 56 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

After taking PlanB there is often a small amount of vaginal bleeding. This can make its way out as a brownish discharge. In addition, PlanB will affect when your cycle comes. The most common thing might be a delay in when you get your next period.

The most important thing to know is that PlanB is NOT 100%. That is why you need to followup with a pregnancy test 2 and 3 weeks after the episode of unprotected intercourse! You must do this!

I hope this helps. Please take a moment to leave feedback!!