Took plan B after unprotected sex. Started spotting with white vaginal discharge. Could I be pregnant?

hi, I had unprotected sex for the first time on February 30th, i was on day 21 of my cycle, after 12 hours I took plan b one step now i having some spotting and white discharge . I was supossed to get my period yesterday( cycle between 24-26 days). Are these side effects of plan b or could i possibly be pregnant?
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 13 minutes later
If you took plan B on day 21 of your cycle, you should have got your period by now. Plan B is basically high dose hormones and one should get withdrawal bleeding with a week of taking it. According to me,you should have gotten your period by now. So wait for a few days and if you dont get a proper bleeding then get a urine pregnancy test immediately. Plan b doesn cause some menstrual irregularities hence,wait a few days and take the test. If you are spotting now,you may very well get your period soon.
Follow-up: Took plan B after unprotected sex. Started spotting with white vaginal discharge. Could I be pregnant? 1 hour later
Thank you for your soon answer Doctor , what do you think are the chances to be pregnant if I don't get my period until the end of the week and how many days should I wait to get a pregnancy test done since already my period is 3 days late..lastly should I wait for my period before have protect sex?
Thank you
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 minutes later
The fertile period in a regular cycles is usually between day 11 and day 21.In some cases it may differ from person to person. You mentioned that your cycles were regular so im assuming your fertile period was between 11-21.days. If the plan b worked then your chances of pregnancy are low,but if not,then you have a 20-30% chance of pregnancy. Wait till the end of the week, and take the test. If its positive then you should consult your doctor immediately. During this time you are not protected from pregnancy.So protected sex is a must.