Took plan B after unprotected sex. Started bleeding, itching and eczema around anus. Treatment?

Question
i had unprotected vaginal and anal sex on 5.04.2013, i took the plan b tablet today 08.04.2013 at 9:30 am, i had a little bleeding from the vagina, but i have not had sex in over 6 months, i had a loose bowel the day after the incident, and i have been having itching around the anus and vaginal labia and opening, i've also been suffering from eczema in that area as well, and i;ve been using nizoral creame for some time now, but its getting worse, my period is also expected to be here on 22 or 23.04.2013 but i am not sure if the pill will delay its arrival, the itching has become a problem for me and i am worried about attracting a virus, can you advise me on what my steps should be from now?
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 25 minutes later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The problem you have acquired are symptoms that have appeared after have sexual intercourse which is always taken as sexually transmitted disease. The itch and eczema is mostly due to fungal infection however gonorrhea and chlamydia also cause such symptoms.

The patient when acquire STDs are screened for all sexually transmitted disease both as diagnostic and preventive measure so therefore you are recommended to visit you doctor and screen for STDs.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Thanks

Follow-up: Took plan B after unprotected sex. Started bleeding, itching and eczema around anus. Treatment? 23 minutes later
Thank you for your quick response, i will be visiting a doctor, concerning being pregnant, my partner pulled out, but im still skeptical, the pharmacist said i could take both tablets since its almost three days since the incident, what are the chances of me being pregnant, and how soon should i take a pregnancy test?

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 57 minutes later
Thanks for the reply

The post coital are effective more than 90% in the first 24 hours but loses its efficacy by 25% in next 24 hours and by 50% in the next 24 hours. You have taken it on the 3rd day which increases your risk of pregnancy. The urine pregnancy test gives positive result after 2 weeks of conception however if you want faster confirmation then you can have a blood test which is called Beta HCG levels which gives positive result on the first day of pregnancy.

Thanks