Took plan B after unprotected sex. Experiencing dark bleeding. Pregnancy test negative. Worrisome

Feb 2013

I had unprotected sex on march 5 I took plan b a few hours after. On the 14th of march I experienced some bleeding it was a dark brown color. Now I feel pregnant could I be or did the plan b work. I've taken 2 pregnancy test they were birth negative. I ovulated on the 7th of march and my next period is suppose to start on the 28th of march. My last period started on February 28th.
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 15 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

As you have taken Plan-B within a few hours after having unprotected sex, the chances of getting pregnancy are rare.

As you have taken 2 pregnancy tests and the both are negative for pregnancy, so nothing to worry.

That bleeding could be due to some disturbance in the menstrual cycle caused by the drug effect of Plan-B.

But I advise you to have protected sex always and this will prevent unplanned pregnancy in addition to preventing transmission of sexually transmitted diseases.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.