Took plan B after sexual intercourse. Feeling nauseous, got early period. Could I be pregnant?

Question
Hello I had sex on March 26th and we used a condom but after he came the condom was stuck inside me. We got it out and I took a Plan B within the next 8hrs just to be safe. It has been almost 2 weeks and I've been feeling nauseous a lot but my period came on earlier this week. Is it possible I could be pregnant?
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Since you took Plan B within 8 hours, the chances of pregnancy are less than 5 %.
Having periods earlier this week rules out the chances of having a pregnancy. It is common to have some side effects like nausea, stomach upset, breast tenderness, etc after taking Plan B due to the higher dose of hormones in the pill.
Please do not worry. The symptoms will subside in a week or two.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Took plan B after sexual intercourse. Feeling nauseous, got early period. Could I be pregnant? 26 hours later
Thank you so much this makes me feel a little better. I also had another concern. I rember the exact time frame I took the pill, it was about 8-12hrs later. Does this make a difference? Also as I said previously my period showed up at it's normal schedule but my flow seemed different and I've been getting headaches. Is it just the effects of the Plan B? I apologize if I'm asking the same questions I just want to be entirely sure. Thank you in advance.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Plan- B if taken within 12 hours shows more than 95% protection against pregnancy. In your case, the pregnancy is ruled out. So, do not worry.
The mild headaches could be related to stress and anxiety. Just relax. This will subside on its own without any treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Follow-up: Took plan B after sexual intercourse. Feeling nauseous, got early period. Could I be pregnant? 2 days later
That makes sense. Thank you so very much for your help. I'm feeling much more at ease :-)

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thank you.
I am glad I could help.
You can consult me again directly through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.
I wish you the very best in whatever you do.
Warm regards