Took plan B. Had early periods. Heavy bleeding. How to stop?

I took plan B and my period arrived early almost two weeks. I'v had it now for 10 days heavy with clotting. Is there anything to stop it?
Posted Mon, 10 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The heavy bleeding and the early periods that you are having are due to the hormonal disturbance caused by the plan B that you took.
The management of this condition would require treatment with progesterone to stabilize the endometrium and reduce bleeding along with hemostatic agents like ethamsylate or tranexaemic acid . Oral contraceptive pills (OCPs) suppress endometrial development, reestablish predictable bleeding patterns, decrease menstrual flow, and lower the risk of Gynecologist who can initiate the proper therapy.
Meanwhile start taking iron supplements to combat excessive blood loss from your body.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.