Took pill after intercourse. Have stomach craps and missed period. Pregnant?

Sep 2012

Hi i had my period the week of the 29th of november last and took the morning after pill on the 7th of december as my boyfirend and i had sex and the condom split.He came twice in me that night. My period finished around the 4th of december.. Im getting slight cramps and no period yet, ami pregnant? Is there a chance its stilll just late? I feel like my period is comming but no sign of it yet..
Posted Mon, 21 Jan 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 1 hour later
Thank you for posting a question.

You have taken the pill, within 24 hours of having sex. So, there is very little chance of pregnancy.

The pill contains hormonal agents which may alter the hormonal balance of your body. Thus it can cause delay in period. But it is temporary. In this case, you can feel that your period is coming.

But, for confirmation, you should do a home pregnancy test using urine. If it becomes noncontributory, you can do a beta HCG test in your blood or an ultrasound scan of abdomen. Ultrasound scan is the gold standard investigation in this regard.

If the pregnancy test is negative, you can wait for another week. But after that, you should consult with a gynecologist for clinical examination and further management accordingly.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.