Took pill after intercourse. Feeling fatigue, dizzy, headache and started bleeding. Am I pregnant?

i had sex 3 days after my period ended, took the morning after pill (next choice one dose) i had a couple of symptoms such as fatigue, dizziness, chills, heaadache but no abdominal pain nor cramps. took it no more then 30 mins after the incident 5 days later i bleed to the point where i would change about 3 times for 3 days. is this normal? am i pregnant? 10 days after intercourse took a pgt came neg. is this a sign that i am not prego because i really don't have any symptoms or anything like that. please help me :/
Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 47 minutes later
Since you took morning after pill within half an hour, now the irregular bleeding that you had is the withdrawal bleeding which happens due to the high dose of hormones in the emergency contraceptive pill.
This is a common side effect of such pills. Your routine period can also be delayed by a few days. Do not worry. This is not indicative of pregnancy.
But I would advise you to use a surer way contraception like oral pills as these pills if taken repeatedly can cause you menstrual irregularities.
You are not pregnant but the symptoms of pregnancy do not appear until the periods are overdue.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.