Took panadol that was expired. What can I do now?

General Surgeon
hello doctor ..
please help me .. i took an expired panadol night .. what can i do now ?
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It wont cause any problems.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Generally medicines expire dates can not be exactly determined by drug manufacturer. So most of expire dates are very sketchy. Taking expired medicine usually does not cause any complications at all. It may be less effective after expiration date, but not necessary. Panadol is very safe medicine and even expired wont cause any problems.
I suggest you keep in mind symptoms like diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, skin rash etc. just as a precaution. And do not worry as for 99% nothing will happen.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.