Took norlevo after unprotected sex. Missing period. HPT negative. Safe to take primolut?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
hi doc, in the month of feb i thnk 23rd iv had an unprotected sex with my bf and the following day iv taken the norlevo capsule and on the 12th of March iv got my mens bt for April not yet..im tensed i had done a test though for March and had turned to be Negative. 1 frnd of mine told me to take Primolut and im a bit reluctant, bt stil i took only 1 today and tomorrow i want to do another urine test! will it affect the result due to the Primolut?? and i want to know if it is the norlevo which is delaying my menstruation so much,im a bit confused koz for march it was delayed only by 2 days :( what should i do?
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Hello
Yes, Norlevo does affect normal cycles.
It can prepone or postpone your period by a week.
Also, Primolut would not affect the result of a pregnancy test.
However, taking Primolut blindly is unwise and not advisable.
Please take a urine pregnancy test.
If negative, consult a gynecologist to rule out other causes of a delayed period, and then she can prescribe you medications to regulate your cycles.
Such causes can include anxiety, stress, emotional upheavals, hormonal imbalance, thyroid disorders, changes in weight, polycystic ovaries etc.
Take care, and feel free to ask further questions.