Took norlevo after having sex. Missing period and started spotting. Pregnancy test negative

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hello,I need some help..I took Norlevo after having sex on my fourth day of the period and at the time of next cycle i had spotting instead of regular period..since 3 days i am having spotting,but no period..I have also done a pregnancy test one day ago and it was negative..can you please help regarding this,i am quite worried..
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 24 minutes later

Based on the facts that you have posted, it appears that you had sex on 4th day of your period and spotting on the next menstrual cycle instead of a regular period.

There are less chances of pregnancy as you had sex on 4th day of menstrual cycle which is confirmed by negative pregnancy test.

This is not abnormal, as once in a while you get irregular period due to hormonal imbalance.
You can repeat your urine test for pregnancy after a week to allay your anxiety.

Consult your Gynecologist for check up and further advice.

Hope, I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Took norlevo after having sex. Missing period and started spotting. Pregnancy test negative 22 minutes later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX for your quick reply.

I am sorry I forgot to mention that I had sex even after that,but didn't take any contraceptives as the semen was released outside by my partner.So I am quite worried what could be the reason behind the delayed period and spotting.I would like to know what does this spotting indicates?

Will wait for your reply.
Thanks
Kind Regards
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 19 minutes later

Thanks for follow up.

Though you had sex at different occasion because you are sure that the semen was released outside vagina and the fact that pregnancy test done recently is negative, there are very less chances of pregnancy. Yo need not be concerned.

Delayed period can be due to hormonal imbalance that happens once in awhile.

Please wait for few more days to watch for period to come or repeat your urine test for pregnancy.

Dr.Patil