Took miferstone followed by misoprostol. Bleeding heavily with clots. Experiencing cramps and pregnancy was terminated. Cure?

Infertility Specialist
Question
hi

I am 26 yrs. I took 200 mg mifepristone on 1st day followed by 4 tablets of misoprostol on the third day to abort 6 weeks pregnancy. I bleed heavily with clots after taking mifepristone. After misoprostol intake i experienced cramps but, bleeding is not as heavy as on the day after i took mifepristone. So, is this means abortion is done? 3 years back i've taken these pregnancy pills and even though i bleed less, my pregnancy was terminated completely. I am worried about. please help. !!!
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Seems complete

Detailed Answer:
Hi, your pregnancy seem to have bern terminated completely and aborted successfully. Wait for a week and then get scan done just to confirm all products of conception are gone. Relax till then as termination seems to be complete. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Took miferstone followed by misoprostol. Bleeding heavily with clots. Experiencing cramps and pregnancy was terminated. Cure? 26 minutes later
Hi

Thanks for the answer. I am so relief!! I have one more question. Do the duration/ length of pregnancy has something to do with the amount of bleeding? Mean, lesser gestation period do have lesser bleeding than those longer gestation? I heard in lesser than 6 or 7 weeks pregnancy, bleeding is not heavy compared to longer weeks. Clarify my doubt.

Also, what should you do for some itching/irritation in the vaginal area experienced after taking these medicines.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
hi, bleeding will be more generally if gestation is more weeks. Right now dont do anything for itching. Use local applied anti-fungal creams after next cycle. Regards

Follow-up: Took miferstone followed by misoprostol. Bleeding heavily with clots. Experiencing cramps and pregnancy was terminated. Cure? 1 hour later
Hi

I have a last question. I am having diarrhoea since misoprostol intake. What medicines should i take? is O2 okay to take without seeing a doctor from over-the-counter?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
side effect

Detailed Answer:
Hi what you are suffering is side effect of medications you have taken. You wait if its not severe. If its more, you can take the medicines you have mentioned. Regards