Took mifepristone and misopristol. Started bleeding. Is it necessary to take complete dose of misopristol?

Question
Dear Dr,

My wife has used unwanted kit for abortion. she has taken first 1 tablet of mifepristone and another tablet of misopristol and she has got the bleeding. Is it necessary to take remaining 3 tablets of misopristol?
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 40 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

As incomplete dose can cause incomplete abortion thus prolonged bleeding, you should give her full course.

Hope, I have answered your query.

If you require further clarification, feel free to ask.

With best wishes,

(Dr.C.S.Sharma)

Follow-up: Took mifepristone and misopristol. Started bleeding. Is it necessary to take complete dose of misopristol? 6 minutes later
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much!

Whether she can take remaining 3 tablets tomorrow or she want to take all the tablets today itself?

Also how to know the abortion is complete?

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

For abortion upto 49 days, generally 600mg of Mifepristone is required as single dose followed 2 days later by 400mcg of Misopristol.

Please follow the instructios given with the kit.

After complete abortion bleeding will gradually diminish and finally stop.

Hope, I have answered your query.

With best wishes,

(Dr.C.S.Sharma)