Took microgynon. Now started bleeding. Concerned

Mar 2013
Hi I had to take my second strip of microgynon 30 pills of there was less than 7 days worth of pills also I took pill over 12 hours late I didnt have sex untill after 7 days of says on instructions now after taking them after a week I ggot some bleeding im concerned might be pregnant please help thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 40 minutes later
What you might be experiencing could be breakthrough bleeding or withdrawal bleeding.
This is common with birth control pills, especially with erratic use, as has happened.
To rule out pregnancy, which I think is a remote possibility, take a home urine pregnancy test and do get back.
Take care, and feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Took microgynon. Now started bleeding. Concerned 21 hours later
I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative still bleeding but it is a brownish colour than red thank you for the advice
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 15 hours later
Continue taking the pills as advised.
Do not break any pack of pill use.
If the abnormal bleeding continues for a week or more, please consult a Gynecologist.