Took metranidazole for bacterial infection. Started frequent urination and abdominal pain. Prognosis?

I was just treated for a bacterial infection twelve days ago. I was given Metranidazole three times per day for five days. I had alt of side effects but managed to finish the antibiotic and seemed to improve once the side effects went away. A few days ago I started with frequent urination again and pelvic fullness and some cramping and some pain on my lower right side. The only thing that showed on my urinalysis was bacteria and they also did a culture which was fine. I have no unusual discharge or bleeding and the symptoms seem to worsen as the day progresses. I haven't been sexually active for several years.
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 36 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

CDC recommends treatment for bacterial vaginosis is metronidazole for 7 days.
You have taken treatment for only 5 days.

Your symptoms of frequent micturition and pain abdomen suggest Urine culture and sensitivity.
3. Transvaginal ultrasound to rule out pathology.

Treatment depends on the urine culture report.
Drink plenty of fluids, citrus fruits.

Hope I have answered your query. You can write to me for further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer