Took methadone, lorcet and benadrill. Urine test showed positive for zanax. Is this possible?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
i took a urin test and the doc said that i was postive for zanx but i have not taken any zanx the only thing i have taken is methadone an lorcet an benadrill so how is it that i would test postive for a drug that i have not taken ?
Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 16 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your querry.
If you havent taken it in last 7 days it might be that you took or someone gave you the wrong medicine or this was false positive result. Or you got wrong test report. There is no other explanation. I suggest you to repeat the test for 5 days and see will it be the same.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"