Took meth last night. Will it be safe to take tenormin now?

I to took Meth last night after pausing 3 years, last intake 12 hours ago. Can I take my high blood pressure medicine now, or is there any danger? The medicine prescribed is TENORMIN. I am 43 years old.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

You can take the blood pressure medicine (TENORMIN) if the BP is more than 140/90 mm HG now. If BP is under 140/90 you can wait for 12 more hours until then all the Meth would be flushed out of the body. Continue with BP medicine as you were taking earlier.

However let me advise you not to taking Meth when you are already hypertensive and on medications. The medications can interact and cause untoward hazard.

Hope this answer helps.