Took medicines to postpone periods. Is it safe to have unprotected sex?

hi !!! I would like to know that I am getting married on 19th November and my fiance has got her period date on 18th, so she has to take medicines for postponing her periods dates. I would like to know is it safe to have unprotected sex when she has taken medicines to postpone her periods. And what are the safe days for unprotected sex ??? Please answer me ASAP
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 46 minutes later
Thanks for posting this query.

Your fiance can postpone periods by taking norethisterone which is often used to postpone a period. The dose is 5mg three times a day starting 3-4 days before a period is due. It can be continued for up to 2 weeks or so until you want to have a period. But it is advisable to use this drug only after a doctor’s prescription. It is not to be taken without a medical supervision. You can have intercourse when the periods are postponed.

Pregnancy occurs only during the time of ovulation. Ovulation is the release of a single, mature egg from a follicle that developed in the ovary. It usually occurs regularly, around day 14 of a 28-day menstrual cycle. The best timing of intercourse in order to conceive is day 10, 12, 14 and 16 (in case of late ovulation) of a 28 day cycle. So you should avoid having unprotected intercourse close to these dates and preferably use a condom. Days close to the periods are relatively safe from conceiving.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.