Ask a Urologist   »  

Took medicine for infection on foreskin. Causing headache and stomach discomfort. Should I stop medicine?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I take calvepen 666g and flagly 400mg tablets since Thursday evening due to infection around my foreskin. It causes me a lot of headaches and some discomfort in my stomach. I have to take them for 8 days. Should I stop taking them due headache?
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Yes you are experiencing sideffects of the antibiotic tablet calvepen ( 666) which contains penicillin v which is prescribed in bacterial infections .
The prescription seems appropriate for your genital infection.
The known sideffects are nausea , vomiting , abdominal pain, lethargy, headache , dizziness , itchiness rash etc .
But not all who take the medicine experience all sideffects .
Some people might be allergic to penicillins and they may even have serious sideffects like hives , anaphylaxis etc.
So it's best that you consult your treating physician for a change of antibiotics ( like cephalosporins or macrolides group)if the sideffects are troublesome and persistent.
Please do not stop the treatment abruptly on your own as that may flare up your infection.
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.