Took medicine for blockage in heart. Noticed itching and blackening of skin on legs. Reason?

I am aged about 68 years. Two years back, it is found that I had 40% blocks near my heart (as per angiograph) and used medical subscriptions. Since two weeks, I am having itching and blackening of skin on both legs near foot joints. What would be the reason to itching and blackening of skin?
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 4 hours later
welcome to XXXXXXX
The description is MOST PROBABLY due to increased venous pressure in the foot.
Physical examination is necessary to
1. Look for varicose veins.
2. Ulceration.
3. Extent of pigmentation.
Initially foot elevation at sleep, avoidance of prolonged standing should help. Compression bandage may be necessary.
Consultation with either vascular/plastic/ dermatologist should help you.
Best regards