Took levonelle after unprotected sex. Started spotting and noticed blood in urine. Any thoughts?

Dec 2012

Hi Dr my last period were on 3rd of XXXXXXX n I had sex on 24th of XXXXXXX during intercourse condom broke n my b.f pulled out same time he did not discharge as well but on safe side I took levonelle on 25th XXXXXXX after that I started my period on 1 feb which were very light n short and which last only 2-3 days after that I had little bit spotting again after my period I had some blood in my urine n very heavy discharge n the urine really irritate me plz give me answer as soon as possible thanks
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 17 days later

Thanks for posting,
From your description it seems you were very precocious with your boyfriend after the condom broke as he pulled off immediately and you used an emergency pill which are a good step and thing to do to prevent pregnancy. This should be able to help rule out pregnancy in about 98% but the 2% is one can never be so sure when it comes to pregnancy unless you conduct a pregnancy test. In the other hand, it is possible now that your irregular menses could be as a result of 1st the use of levonelle ECP which usually can have as side effect irregular menses or absence menses and 2ndly it seems you have a pelvic infection (PID) and associated most probably to a UTI.
What to do now? Consult your gynobs who will be able to examine you, request for a urinalysis, screen for STDs (chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhea, T. vaginalis etc), do a pelvic ultrasound, screen for pregnancy, conduct blood tests and most importantly provide the appropriate medication required to treat the likely infections (UTI, pelvic diseases).

Hope this answers your question and if you have any more please feel free to ask.
Dr. Nsah