Took levaquin for cough congestion. Have fever, headache and knee joint pain. Cause of concern?

Feb 2013

I have had a 102.2 fever this morning when I awoke along with headache, through the day my body got hotter and hotter, ankles very sore and knees joint pain It hurts very bad to even get up my Ankles feel like they have rubber band!!! I just finished levaquin for cough congestion

Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 27 minutes later
Thank you for your query,
You seems to have a Viral fever with arthralgias with the involvement of ankle and knee joints.
For fever, headache and joint pains you can take Tylenol every 6th or 8th hourly in prescribed dosage depending on the presence of these symptoms.
Take plenty of oral fluids, fruit juices and soft diet to maintain hydration and nutrition.
Take complete bed rest.
Consult your Physician for the systematic examination and the joints to look for any focus of the infection, to assess the joint involvement and for specific management.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.