Took ipill after unprotected sex and found pregnancy. How to calculate conception date?

Mar 2013
Hi. My LMP was 2nd or 3rd Dec. I had unprotected sex on 14th Dec and took ipill on 17th Dec. I again had unprotected sex on 23rd, 24th and 25th December. I am now pregnant. My BHCG done on 31st Dec showed 308. I did one again on 7th XXXXXXX and the reading was 2568.4

Is it possible to know the exact conception date? Also, I plan to terminate this pregnancy. Which would be the safest method? Also, how quickly could I conceive again? Which would be the best hospitals in Bangalore where I can terminate my pregnancy?
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 45 minutes later
Your B - HCG levels definitely indicate conception.
It is possible to know the exact weeks of pregnancy within a margin of a few days.
Beyond a B - HCG of 2000, a transvaginal ultrasound should definitely be able to date the pregany in days.
The B - HCG value itself is not a reliable method of dating pregnancy.
Hence, for exact confirmation of the weeks of pregnancy, I would suggest visiting a gynecologist and going for a transvaginal ultrasound scan.
The safest method for terminating the pregnancy, and based on the dates that you have mentioned, it is an early pregnancy, is to go for a medical abortion.
Medical abortion also will be prescribed and explained by your gynecologist after confirming the pregnancy, its intra uterine nature and the exact days of pregnancy.
After a medical abortion, you should wait atleast for 2 - 3 months before planning another pregnancy.
Unless you land up with complications like infection / incomplete abortion / severe bleeding, there is no reason why future pregnancy should be impaired.
However, since you are 35, and have already had 2 terminations, I would urge you to think twice before going in for termination this time, as with age, the difficulties in conception increase.
Bangalore is one of the medical hubs of India, and there are innumerable corporate as well as private and government sector hospitals there , which are considered to be the best in the field.
Am sure you can visit any of these.
Take care, and feel free to ask for further clarifications.
Follow-up: Took ipill after unprotected sex and found pregnancy. How to calculate conception date? 20 hours later
Thank you doctor for your answers. I did transvaginal us today and the details are below:

Gestational sac measured 1.0*0.7*0.9mm (mean=0.87)
gestational age of 5 weeks.
cervix measured 3.4 cms\single intrauterine gestation.

What would my exact conception date?

you have suggested termination by medicine but my first termination was through medicine and i had bled so heavily that i had to be admitted to hospital.
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Based on the ultrasound report, the probable time of conception was around 14th december itself.
Gestational age is calculated on the basis of the Last Menstrual Period, that is , this ultrasound tallies with your last menstrual period of 2nd/3rd December, two weeks after which you had unprotected intercourse.
Regarding medical versus surgical abortion, each has its merits and demerits.
Even with surgical abortion, about 2 in 100 women experience heavy bleeding and incomplete abortion, while with medical abortion the figure is 3 in 100 women.
Surgical abortion poses its own specific risks like injury to the uterus or cervix with instruments, and infection, while medical abortion has risks of severe bleeding, immediate hospitalization etc.
Both should be done under thorough and easily accessible medical care around the clock.
You can consult with your gynecologist regarding which procedure is best suited, after she examines you completely.
For your clearer picture, I suggest the following reading link :
take care.
Follow-up: Took ipill after unprotected sex and found pregnancy. How to calculate conception date? 10 hours later
Thank you so much. You have been most helpful.
Thank you XXXXXXX
It has been a pleasure interacting with you.