Took ipill after unprotected sex. Started bleeding. Side effect of pill?

Mar 2016

i am 21 year old girl, i hav my last menstral cycle on 27 dec 2012, i had done my 1st sex on 5 XXXXXXX nd taken i-pill aftr 2 hours of my sexual contact, but today on 11 XXXXXXX 2013 my menstral cycle again started, i am tensed due to this, when this cycle will get over and what will be my next date of the menstral cycle ?
can i do sex on 19 XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 30 Jan 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 46 minutes later

I have gone through your history in detail.

Your current vaginal bleeding (similar to period) is due to withdrawal effect of the I-pill. It is quite common phenomena following taking the emergency pill and bleeding starts within 7 days. You don't be panic/tensed as it stops automatically.

You were involved in unprotected sex around the safe period zone as per calculation of ovulation time. Also you took I-Pill after 2hrs.So there is no chance of pregnancy as it is more than 99% effective in preventing unwanted pregnancy.

Your next period may be delayed or earlier due to hormonal imbalance associated with I-Pill effect.
Please do consult with your gynecologist if bleeding persists more than 7 days and need to rule out other reasons.

You may do sex on 19th January as it is almost safe period and preferably after ending of withdrawal bleeding. Also you take extra precaution for your safety by using Condom/Emergency pill to avoid unwanted pregnancy completely.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health and always practice safe sex in future.
Follow-up: Took ipill after unprotected sex. Started bleeding. Side effect of pill? 21 minutes later
when i will hav my next menstral cycle ?
i mean after doing sex on 19 XXXXXXX 2013 can will hav my mentral cycle again in few days ?
can sex bring my cycle before than the usual time ?
after doing sex on 19 XXXXXXX 2013, i am tensed that it may efect my next menstral cycle, please guide me
Answered by Dr. S Patra 31 minutes later
Thanks for your follow up query.
Your next coming period may be earlier or delayed than usual date of period as I discuss above and it is not predictable.
If you involved in unprotected sex on 19th January and again used emergency pill,then naturally you will get a withdrawal bleeding within 7 days and it will be not your actual period.
One thing I can tell you that your next period will come out in the month of February (usual date may alter) if you get 2nd time withdrawal bleeding in this month after using I-pill. It is quite normal thing and it occurs due to hormone imbalance/ stress.
Don't be much tensed/stressed as it can affect your next cycle.It is better to do regular XXXXXXX breathing or yoga to avoid stress.Also you take healthy diet and sleep properly.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Always practice safe sex and be well with good health.