Took ipill after unprotected sex. Missing period. Worried for pregnancy?

Hi, doctor. I had a unprotected sex with my boyfriend on 16th april next day afternoon i took a ipill.......

But i have not got my periods still i am little worried!!! Usually my periods are irregular but still i have a fear am i pregnant?? Please help me doctor... My period date was 15th april
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 minutes later
If you are late by 10 days today then you need to take a pregnancy test immediately. If its negative then dont worry yet. Since your periods are irregular your fertile dates cannot be calculated accurately. Sp take the test first and if its negative then just wait for your period to occur. If you miss by a month,then you should consult a doctor for treatment.
Follow-up: Took ipill after unprotected sex. Missing period. Worried for pregnancy? 5 minutes later
Doctor if the test is negative then will it affect my health in anyway because my periods are very irregular.....

What if the test is positive??? What next step should i take to avoid pregnancy???

Please help me doctor
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 minutes later
If the test is negative then you can be rest assurred that you are not pregnant. In that case, there is probably a hormonal imbalance causing the irregular cycles. You will need to see a doctor for evaluation and tests to find out the reason. If however,your test is positive, then you also need to see your gynaecologist asap. There are medical and surgical methods of termination and you will need to consult your doctor for that.