Took ipill after unprotected sex. Have brown discharge during periods. Does that mean pregnancy?

Mar 2016

i had unprotected sex and had ipill within an hour... i had my periods a little early and after the 5th day... i am still having a discharge(brownish)..... does this mean tht im pregnant in any way???????
Posted Wed, 4 Dec 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. Before answering your query, I need some additional information to assist you better and give proper guideline. 1) What is your last menstrual period (LMP) date and when did you sex? 2) Is your period regular or irregular? Duration of flow? Waiting for your response. Regards, Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Took ipill after unprotected sex. Have brown discharge during periods. Does that mean pregnancy? 4 minutes later
last date was 10th oct and this month i got it on 3rd november.. i had sex around 20th oct. periods are usually irregular and duration of heavy flow is 3 days... after tht it becomes very less on the 4th and 5th day.... i also get a discharge most of the time during periods..
Answered by Dr. S Patra 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: CHANCE OF PREGNANCY LESS THAN 1%. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for details information. I-pill gives more than 95% protection against unwanted pregnancy when it is taken within first 24 hrs of unprotected sex. Your chance of pregnancy is less than 1% in this case. However, you need to confirm it by one home pregnancy test. After taking I-pill, most women get withdrawal bleeding (similar to period) within 7 to 10 days and it is mostly corresponded with 3rd November period which is early than usual period date. This type of bleeding with brown discharge is quite common and physiological. Maintain your genital hygiene properly. Hope, I have answered your query. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me. Wish your good health and practice safe sex next time. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Took ipill after unprotected sex. Have brown discharge during periods. Does that mean pregnancy? 17 minutes later
Is TODAY which is the new contraceptive i think.... Better than ipill and how often can it be consumed...
Answered by Dr. S Patra 7 hours later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN ELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for query. TODAY is vaginal contraceptive sponge which contains Nonoxynol-9 and acts as spermicide. It is basically a surfactant which either kills or immobilises sperm. It is inserted inside vagina 15 min prior to sexual intercourse and should not be removed for 6 hrs after intercourse. It releases spermicide during coitus, absorbs ejaculate and blocks the entrance to cervical canal. It has no pill-side effect and better than I-pill. However, it has failure rate around 9 to 10%. In my opinion, regular contraceptive pill (like FEMILON or NOVELON) is best and gives highest protection (around 99.9%) after 1-month use. You also get regular period timely. Hope, it helps for your information. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion. All the est. Good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen