Took i-pill consecutively two days after unprotected sex. Chances of pregnancy?

hello , i had a unprotected sex wid my husband on 31st dec and then i had ipill after 3-4 hrs..again we had on 1st XXXXXXX unprotected sex and again i had ipill to prevent pregnancy within 3-4 hrs...i would like to know is there a possibility of pregnancy still?? also is it wrong to take ipill for 2 continuous days.I had my last periods on 20th december.kindly help.i will be thankful.
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 36 minutes later

Since you have taken the pill well within time, the chances of pregnancy is minimal, however there are reports of it being failed.

It is an emergency contraceptive pill and it should never be used regularly. You will might face irregular periods the coming months and also face heavy flow due to the pill.

Kindly use other forms of contraception in future like:
1. Copper T
2. Condom
3. Spermicide
4. Colitus interruptus ( least efficienct method, here the penis is withdrawn before ejaculation)
5. Oral contraceptive pills

Please take a urine pregnancy test if you miss your periods to see if you are pregnant.
Its a simple test with a pregnancy kit which can be bought in a near by pharmacy and done at home.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further queries please accept my answer.

Follow-up: Took i-pill consecutively two days after unprotected sex. Chances of pregnancy? 2 hours later
Thanks a lot for replying... i would like to know about the abortion process too if there is any pregnancy??? like how can i go for it as i cannot take pregnancy for next one year atleast...i will be thankful ...Regards
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 11 hours later
Thanks for replying.

You can medically terminate pregnancy.

It can be done with tablets if you decide to abort early. There is no admission to hospital required, you can take the pills at home and come for follow up subsequently. This should be done only by a qualified obstetrician.

You will have to undergo one check ultrasound pelvis scan after the abortion to see if any products of conception are still remaining within the uterus.

In later stages intervention such as dilatation and curettage is done under Anesthesia. A minimum of two days of admission is required for this.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if there are no follow up queries.

I wish you good health.