Took i pill after having sex. Pregnancy test was negative. What could be the cause of missed period?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
dear sir/madam. I and my girl friend had sex in the month of august and immediately after 2 sex in month of august she had taken 2 i pill tablets (contraceptive pills) after each sex.after that she had her period earlier in month of first week of sept and again her second period in the third week of september. and till today 9th of november she didnt got her she pregnant. she tasted with pregnancy test with early morning sample ,which resuted in negative.still i am worried.plz reply n help me. we cant go to doctor to test whether my girlfriend is pregnent or not.plz help us without visiting doctor.and plz suggest and tablet so that her periods start soon
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Repeat the pregnancy test Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX For birth contraception, the oral contraceptives (OCPs) have to be taken regularly starting with each menstrual cycle and ending with each cycle. Contraception fails if the proper regime is not followed. Since, two menstrual cycles have occurred even after two sexual acts, it is unlikely that pregnancy has taken place. However, pregnancy test needs to be repeated to rule out or confirm pregnancy. Since, the pregnancy test has been negative, the possibility of pregnancy is remote. And the disturbance in menstrual cycles is a common side effect of taking iPill, please relax and repeat the pregnancy test after 1 week. If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer. Dr Shailja P Wahal