Took i-pill after having intercourse. Got bleeding. When can I expect the normal period?

Question
hi
My partener had period date 28 Sep. I had one unprotected sex with her on 6th Oct and gave one i-pill on 7th Oct . On 12 th Oct she started bleeding. Today is 14 Oct , bleeding is increasing more. Could you pls suggest me , will it XXXXXXX and when she will get next regular period.
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
bleeding should stop in innext 3-4day

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Welcome to XXXXXXX
The ipill causes hormonal imbalance by which it prevents pregnancy.
But it also disturbs the steady balance of hormones and leads to bleeding irregular periods and mood swings.
The bleeding usually takes a week to subside, may lead to complications if one has problems in blood clotting or is having anemia.
If the bleeding remains troublesome then she may need gynecologist referral and may need blood transfusion.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.

Follow-up: Took i-pill after having intercourse. Got bleeding. When can I expect the normal period? 17 minutes later
when she will get regular period ? means the date ?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 44 hours later
Brief Answer:
period will willbe pre preor or postpone postpone

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome back to XXXXXXX
The immediate concern should be contrll of bleeding.
The next period is unpredictable and will be a week preponed or delayed.
Barrier precautions have to be used for any sexual activity.
I hope the advise will be helpful.

Follow-up: Took i-pill after having intercourse. Got bleeding. When can I expect the normal period? 6 hours later
Thanks Doctor , Now bleeding is less and I hope it will stop today or XXXXXXX tomorrow. Now my question is the possibility of she is prgenant is how much or everything cleared ?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
no chances of pregnancy, repeat repeat UPT if.....

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX
Welcome to health care magic.
The chances of pregnancy are very less, still if the periods do not come in next 25 days then please repeat a urine pregnancy test, if there is a normal period or the pregnancy test is negative then there is no pregnancy. But if the pregnancy test is slightly positive or variable then you should consult a gynecologist in your locality and follow the advised treatment for that.
I hope the advice will be helpful for you.