Took i pill. Had bleeding. Had periods. Have cramping and spotting. What to do?

Hi doctor I took I pill and I had bleeding after 1week. My next period date was 15th may but I got my periods on 10th of may. Today is 28th may and I have cramping and I guess spotting has started which is most likely periods again.
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later

I did read your query with diligence.

It does happen this way with I pill or any other emergency contraceptive pill. They are known to cause disturbance in the normal duration and length of the menstruation.

I do not think there is any need for you to worry now. What you are experiencing today is again a period.

For now, you should relax, wait and watch for the next cycle few cycles. If it turns out to be erratic again, you could probably get an ultrasound of the uterus to look for the underlying pathology.

In all case, it is just a variation of the normal.

I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have further queries.