Took halls for cough and feeling like shrinking. What could be the cause?

ENT Specialist
Hi I am 36 and resently feeling food going through my through. I had cough for last week .i took some halls for my cough this morning now I feel like my through in shrinking
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take steam, gargles and PPI with mucolytics Detailed Answer: Hi, You are feeling the passage of food through your throat which normally goes unnoticed as a reflex. You had cough last week for which you took lozenges. Normally it is not uncommon to have this feeling of passage of food through throat during days one is having throat infection or lot of cough. The feeling is usually because of inflammation of the mucosal lining of the throat and food touches that area and gives this feeling. Your second feeling of shrinking is also because of that inflammation. Please take hot water steam, warm saline gargles and sip plenty of hot fluids. Please take some proton pump inhibitors along with mucolytics after consulting your GP if these are not available over the counter at your place. Take care.