Took half of Xanax. Could I take trazodome for sleep?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
CAN I TAKE THE TRAZODOME FOR SLEEP TONIGHT. I HAVE ALREADY TAKEN 1/2 OF XANAX CAN I STILL TAKE THE LEXAPRO NOW.?
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. S Patra 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
YOU ONLY TAKE ONE MEDICINE AT A TIME.

Detailed Answer:

As you have already taken 1/2 Xanax (Alprazolam) for sleeping and anti-anxiety, then you can't take above mentioned drugs which are mostly anti-depressants.

No different categorical anti-depressant drugs (like Trazodone or Lexapro) or sleeping pills can be combined with each other within 2 hrs of taking to avoid serious ill health effect. It is better to take single medicine at a time for better absorption and effective result.

Hope, it helps for you. Let me know, if you need any clarification.

Wish your good health and take care yourself.

Dr Soumen