Took fiber pill. Started feeling something stuck in throat. How to get relief?

I took a fiber pill yesterday and 2 hours later and today i have a felling that something in my throat , feels like the pill got stuck there > i was drinking a lot and took yogurt, hot water, warm water, it feels like the food doesnt go down.
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 35 minutes later
Thanks for the query

It is just a feeling as the pill are absorb-able and cannot last for 2 hours. The esophagus have peristaltic movements that continuously goes downwards and if some thing stuck like that the gag reflex starts resulting in gags or the person may vomit.

The tablet if we assume have stuck would have be dispersed by now but if you still feel or think there might be some think they you can have check up from ENT doctor

If you still have some query, feel free to ask