Took expired anadin and cafeine capsule. What are the risks?

Hi there, just taken an expired anadin + cafeine capsule. Was in a rush as my baby was crying didn't think to check the expiry date which was 04/2012. What's gonna happen? Will it harm me and my baby? 3 months old and is still breastfeeding. I am having high temperAture at the moment with colds and runny nose. My baby got it first. She is still having colds. What harm could that expired paracetamol cause us?
Posted Thu, 13 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 57 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

Do not worry about using one dose of paracetamol beyond the expiry date. It is not going to harm you or your baby. Paracetamol has a long shelf life and as abundant caution the manufacturers give a short period on the label. At the most the medicine will not be effective.

Regarding the cold and flu which you and your daughter are having I suggest that both of you have some decongestant/cough medicine for an early relief. If it has been persisting for some time then it is advisable to consult your doctor.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you require any clarifications or would like to share more facts of the case.

Wishing you and your daughter an early recovery from cold and fever.