Took emergency pill after an intercourse. Positive urine pregnancy test. What would be the effect of the pill on the fetus?

May 2013
I had intercourse on 11th day of my period and knew it was a fertile day. So I took Unwanted 72 within 48 hours. But on 14th day(after taking the pill) I had to have another intercourse. I think I was not fertile on 14th day.

Now I saw a positive Urine Pregnance test. Could it be due to 11th day or 14th day. What will be the impact of unwanted 72 pill on the fetus?

Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 2 hours later
thanks for the query.

the time when you might have conceived will depend on your menstrual cycle.

-in case of regular periods with 28 to 30 days cycle, the fertile period will be between 8th day to 20th day.

in this the probable period of ovulation is between 12 to 16 days, that too mostly on 14th day.

so you might have conceived most probably because of intercourse on 14th day.

-in case of periods with cycle duration of 24 to 25 days, the ovulation can occur on 11th day
and as there is 1% failure rate for unwanted 72, you might have conceived because that.

unwanted 72 contains levonorgesterl, which is a synthetic progesterone.
progesterone is the hormone of pregnancy and needed to maintain it.
so as such taking unwanted 72 normally will not have any impact on fetus.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
take care.