Took ecp and having abdominal cramping, tender breasts. Any risk of an ectopic pregnancy?

I took the ecp 5 Days ago and I am having a lot of abdominal cramping and very tender breasts . is this normal, or could I be pregnant and see my obgyn. Could there be a risk of an eptopic pregnancy.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Side effect of emergency pill.

Detailed Answer:

Your symptoms are suggestive of progesterone effect. They are most likely to be due to the effect of the emergency contraception. Chances of conception are very little if an emergency pill is consumed within the stipulated time even if it happens during the fertile period.

It would be easier to comment better if the last menstrual date and the frequency of the cycles can be given. You may see a withdrawal bleeding in a few days. Also, you can expect your next cycle to be delayed by a week or two.

Risk of ectopic pregnancy is not significantly increased in such a situation unless there is a past history of tubal inflammation or ectopic pregnancy. You should see a specialist and get properly evaluated if you do not see your next cycle within 7-10 days of the expected date.

Hope your query is answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.