Took duoluton for pcod. Missing period. Pregnancy test negative. Any complication?

Mar 2016

hi, i am 26 years old.i have PCOD,doctor had given me Duoluton tablet to take for 21 days.i took these tablet in the month of January.And i did not consult doctor after that.After taking that tablet i got my Period on Feb-16.But thing is that i did not get periods this month i.e on march-16.So i took pregnancy test on March-17.But result was negative.But till now i did not get my periods.So what is the next step for me?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 27 hours later

Thanks for writing to our XXXXXXX platform.

First thing, period date may be altered 1-7 days from expected date and it is considered as normal thing. It occurs mostly due to stress & hormonal imbalance beside suspicion of pregnancy.

Other co-existence factors with PCOD are over weight/ extreme loss, irregular eating habit, hypothyroidism, hyperprolactinemia, psychological factors etc which may aggravate delayed period.

Here, you should wait up to 7 days from due date to get your normal period. If you do not get it even after 7 days, then you need to repeat the home pregnancy test again. One blood test for beta HCG is also required to confirm/ exclude pregnancy.

DUOLUTON-L is combined OCP (levonorgestrel + ethinylestradiol). It is used to regularize cyclic menstrual bleeding (through 3 weeks on & 1 week Off) and give protection against unwanted pregnancy (failure rate only 0.3 %).

In exclusion of pregnancy after 7 days, you need to consult with your gynecologist for proper guidance through relevant investigations (like ultrasound scan of pelvis, hormone assay, blood sugar, prolactin level, thyroid profile etc) after a physical examination. Take suggestive measures & medication accordingly.

These things are helpful to get period in time:

1) Take healthy diet with more vegetables (carotene based) & iron supplements.
2) Drink plenty of fluids/water & eat more fresh fruits. Avoid spicy/ junk/ salty food stuffs.
3) Control body weight by regular physical exercise. Keep bowel habit regular.
4) Avoid stress by doing yoga/ deep breathing regularly (20-30 times).
5) Maintain personal hygiene & need sound sleep with complete relaxation.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen