Took dexedrine shot. Missed about 25 units. Having pain and swelling. How to get relief?

i did a shot of
dexedrine er, filtered well, but missed with about 25 units. have pain and swelling. just happened 8 hrs ago. no fever. pain and increased swelling
Posted Tue, 28 Aug 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

It would be very helpful to me if you an re-frame your query with some more relevant history and define exactly how could I be of help here.

Details like
When was the shot taken ?
Did you undergo a test , if so when ?
Where did you notice the pain and swelling ?

And other relevant information you consider useful to me.

Waiting for your reply.
Follow-up: Took dexedrine shot. Missed about 25 units. Having pain and swelling. How to get relief? 23 hours later
no test, shot about 2 pm yesterday. pain and swelling within the hour. redness slightly spreading. back of my arm where i did the injection. pain a little better today. little less swelling.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 minutes later
Hi ,

The pain and swelling at the injection site could be due to the base or the solvent in the injection but not the main drug.

It is an allergic reaction and well treated with an antihistaminic like Benadryl.

Take Tab Benadryl once in night for three days it would provide you considerable relief. If no relief you may be needing intravenous dosage of the same.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.