Took dephaston 10 mg. Bleeding heavily. What could be causing this?

i ve took i tablet of dephaston 10 mg in my 3 day of my period ,I am bleeding heavely what to do. It is my 4 th day of taking wrongly one tablet of dyfaston . What to do
Posted Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Since you have taken only one tablet of duphaston, the bleeding that you are having is likely to be due to the hormonal disturbance. You can wait for next 2-3 days for the bleeding to gradually reduce spontaneously.
In case the bleeding is heavy then you need to consult your gynecologist for proper hormonal treatment. Meanwhile start taking iron supplements to combat the blood loss from your body.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Took dephaston 10 mg. Bleeding heavily. What could be causing this? 1 hour later
I have taken one tablet daily for 7 days consecutive , it was a real heavy bleeding .
I stopped yesterday knowing I should take .could I take decapectyle again 3 mg
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
It is not advisable to stop taking progesterone abruptly after 7 days. This can cause a heavier withdrawal bleeding after stopping the medicine.
Decapeptyl is given in patients of endometriosis. It is not advisable to go for self medication like this. All these hormonal treatments need a careful monitoring after assessment of symptoms under the guidance of a gynecologist.
Please do consult a gynecologist for proper treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.