Took cymbalta for depression. Getting dilated eyes, chest pain and back pain. Cause and cure?

Question
I'm curious. Last Tuesday I was given Cymbalta for depression, it worked fine but then my eyes dilated (mydriasia) on Thursday and haven't returned to normal. My blood sugars today are 15.7 before meal and 13.8 after the meal. I'm on Prednisone which they figure could be causing the high glucose. My vision seems worse tonight with a slight chest pain and major lower back pain in the back hips and front upper thighs. Could my vision be from the high glucose and should I see someone tonight about it, I do have an appointment tomorrow with an eye doctor again, they diagnosed the mydriasia on Monday. I've been having an Auto-Immune disorder (They think AHA Sydrome) since November, 2012 which is where the Prednisone 20MG comes in.
Posted Mon, 4 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in. If you think the deterioration in vision is acute then irrespective of what is the cause its better to see an ophthalmologist. Steroids can cause posterior sub capsular cataract which can lead to gradual vision loss. High blood glucose values can edema of the lens which can cause visual disturbances and changes in visual acuity but that again is rather slow in its onset. Another possibility is the effect of mydriatic drug which can cause dynamic changes in vision as its effect wears off. So when there is acute deterioration I feel you shouldnt ignote it although by all probability it wouldnt turn out to be something of great concern.
Hope this helps
Shivaprasad