Took counter sleep aids that contained Diphenhydramine. Will it cause me fail in drug screen test?

I am concerned as I took some over the counter sleep aids as I have been having trouble sleeping. These contained Diphenhydramine HCI. I have a drug screen tomorrow. Will this cause me to fail?
Posted Tue, 29 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
not likely to get detected in screening.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
I have gone through your details. First I want assure there is no need to worry.
Diphenhydramine is one of the antihistamine. It is used as decongestant in sinusitis and rhinitis. It has mild side effects as sedation. It doesn't belong to sedative group of drugs. So it is not included in drug screening list.
It doesn't have drug abuse properties. So don't worry. Just avoid any dose before 24 hrs.
Otherwise there is no issue to concern about.

Hope I have answered your query. Any further doubts are welcome.